Other Moving Violations
Poughkeepsie Traffic Ticket Attorney
Paying a traffic citation is more than meets the eye. It is a guilty plea.
It will count as a prior offense for any future tickets. It may be points
against your license. It may increase your insurance premiums. It may
provide grounds for a lawsuit against you. And so on.
The Law Office of Kelley M. Enderley, PC can tell you where you stand and
help you see the hidden consequences. Our experience with moving violations
throughout the Hudson Valley enables us to get many tickets dismissed
or reduced when the average person would probably not get the same disposition.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation. We handle every type of traffic violation
in Dutchess, Ulster, Orange, Putnam and Columbia counties of New York.
Moving Violations in Hudson Valley and the Hudson Valley
Even traffic citations that do not carry points may have high fines and
surcharges, or consequences for insurance and license suspension. Also,
any three offenses in 18 months or any combination that totals 11 points
can result in a points suspension.
We can advise on every type of moving violation, including:
- Seat belt violation (adult) - 0 points
- Child seat belt/car seat violation - 3 points
- Equipment violations (broken headlight, taillight, etc.) - 0 points
- Inadequate brakes - 4 points
- Cell phone/texting while driving - 0 points
- Speeding (1 to 10 mph over the limit) - 3 points
- Speeding (11 to 20 mph) - 4 points
- Speeding (21 to 30 mph) - 6 points
- Speeding (31 to 40 mph) - 8 points
- Speeding (41+ mph) - 11 points
- Reckless driving - 5 points
- Passing a stopped school bus - 5 points
- Following too closely - 4 points
- Improper passing - 3 points
- Unsafe lane change - 3 points
- Crossing center line - 3 points
- Wrong direction - 3 points
- Stop sign/stop light violation - 3 points
- Speeding in a work zone - 3 or more points plus double fines
- Speeding in a work zone (second offense) - license suspension
- Leaving the scene of a property damage accident - 3 points
Kelley M. Enderley has a demonstrated record of reducing point violations
to non-point violations (such as parking tickets), or getting tickets
dismissed entirely. She can advise on the merits of paying the fine versus
challenging the ticket, and if she could not get any better result than
you would on your own, she will say so.
New York Traffic Violation Lawyer
We welcome out-of-state drivers cited in New York, truck drivers (CDL license),
or any driver concerned about the consequences of a traffic citation. Call
e-mail us, to discuss your specific circumstances and schedule a consultation.