MODIFICATIONS & ENFORCEMENT
Changing Court Orders for Custody and Child Support
The judge's order was probably clear enough. Perhaps circumstances
have changed. Perhaps the other parent refuses to abide by the court's decision.
Law Office of Kelley M. Enderley, PC in Poughkeepsie provides experienced representation for enforcing a standing
court order or going back to court to modify the terms. We represent either
party in modification hearings and contempt of court proceedings in the
family courts of Hudson valley, New York.
Problem With Custody, Visitation or Support?
Contact us today for a confidential consultation. Our knowledgeable lawyer can represent
you in contested proceedings or help you negotiate an out-of-court solution.
Modification and Enforcement of Orders
We have handled every type of post-decree modification and dispute:
- Sole custody — on the basis of child abuse, drug use, mental illness
or other harm to the child's well-being
- Physical custody — switching roles of primary and non-custodial parent
- Visitation — altering the amount of parenting time
- Parenting plans — accounting for changes in work schedules, children's
activities, summer vacation, etc.
- Parent relocation — moving out of Hudson Valley with the children
- Modification of child support — based on substantial change in income
- Modification of spousal support or termination of alimony
- Failure to pay child support or spousal support
- Interference with visitation
Poughkeepsie Custody, Child Support and Alimony Lawyer
Kelley M. Enderley has practiced in
family law in Hudson Valley since 2005. She is by nature a problem-solver and a peacemaker,
and she strives to help clients resolve disputes without the expense and
animosity of litigation whenever possible.
However, modification hearings and enforcement actions tend to be adversarial.
One party is petitioning the court to change the status quo or to force
the other parent to do something. Because these disputes involve children,
money or both, they can be complex and emotional.
From our extensive familiarity with family court, we can give you a realistic
prediction of how a judge is likely to rule if you are initiating or challenging
a modification. We will first explore out-of-court solutions, but we will
vigorously press your case in court when there is no alternative but to
fight it out.
888-396-8007 to schedule a consultation, or
contact us online. We can also arrange evening and weekend appointments.